Thursday, April 19, 2007

I Me Mine

I always wanted to read this, perhaps I had the added the title "I Me Mine" to this blog getting inspired from the single on the Let It Be.

Today picked this off the Border's, perhaps this is the only book upon which I've laid my hands after reading Great Expectations in '97/ '98. I might have read Tom Sawyer or Huck Finn before that.

It interests me reading the life of Harrison & his experiments with Indian Classical Music, disciple of Pandit Ravi Shankar, correlation of Guitar techniques with those in Sitar and his lyrics.

At a certain page he says, "But when you get involved with Indian music then you can appreciate what is going on. Without instruction or knowledge of techniques, you can't really appreciate what they are doing."

I'd better go back now...

1 Comments:

Blogger The Chirping Chick said...

hmm...he couldn't hav been more right BB!
despite growing up amidst classical music...i started appreciating it only after spending a few years in the technicalities....and trust me all that toil was worth it :)
Nothing touches my soul more than indian classical , sumhow it makes me feel closer to the divine :)

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Home